Use GIMP To Cutout A Photo of Yourself
A quick video showing how quick and easy it is to edit a photo using GIMP. In this video you will see how to easily cut out a person to paste in a different environment with a little patience.
- Download GIMP ( gimp.org )
- Open GIMP and drag photo that you want to edit into the GIMP window.
- Using your Free Select Tool ( lasso ), zoom in to around 400% and start selecting just inside the blurry pixels on the edge of the object you want to cut out.
- The straighter the lines, the farther apart your cut points can be.
- Edit -> Cut
- Edit -> Paste into New Image
- Save and Export As… png ( png allows you to keep a transparent background ).
- Now you can open or import your new cutout as another layer on other images, add filters like drop-shadow, etc…
Just thought I would share this for anyone interested in creating their own avatar or logo. More videos to come.